|Module name (EN): English 2|
|Degree programme: Architecture, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2013|
|Module code: B-A-6.3E|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 2VU (2 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 3|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam 120 Minuten
B-A-6.3E Architecture, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2013, semester 5, optional course
ABA-2.3-E. Architecture, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020, semester 5, optional course
30 class hours (= 22.5 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 90 hours (equivalent to 3 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 67.5 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
B-A-6.2E English 1
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Christine Sick
Dipl.-Übers. Betina Lang
The courses "English 1 and English 2" are based on each other. The goal is for the students to develop their English language skills in the professional and technical field from the desired entry level B1 to B2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages within the course of the three modules.
In the "English 2" module students will develop an awareness for the differences in the application process in English-speaking countries and continue to develop their intercultural competence. In addition, they will advance their language skills by preparing professional application documents in English and preparing themselves for job interviews.
As an introduction to technical language communication in internship situations, students will also develop strategies for understanding technical texts and learn to apply linguistic structures for the subject-specific description of objects. We will focus on reading and writing skills.
- Job advertisements, application cover letter, resume, job interview
Technical language communication:
- General and detailed comprehension of scientific texts from the field of architecture (especially descriptions of architecture and buildings, materials, loads)
- Describing objects (concept, function, form, dimensions, materials)
In addition, we will work on:
Repeating relevant grammatical structures
Raising awareness for functional language use
Teaching and learning materials (print, audio, video), multimedia teaching and learning software for specific target groups.
|Recommended or required reading:
A current bibliography will be made available at the beginning of the semester.
The following materials are free of charge for students of the htw saar. We recommend their use for independent learning:
- Christine Sick (2015): TechnoPlus Englisch VocabApp (Mobile-Learning-Angebot insbesondere zum Grundwortschatz, alle Niveaustufen), EUROKEY.
- Christine Sick, unter Mitarbeit von Miriam Lange (2011): TechnoPlus Englisch 2.0 (Multimediales Sprachlernprogramm für Technisches und Business Englisch, Niveau B1-B2+), EUROKEY.
- Christine Sick, unter Mitarbeit von Lisa Rauhoff und Miriam Lange (2011): Online Extensions zu TechnoPlus Englisch 2.0, EUROKEY.
[Sun Sep 19 17:02:25 CEST 2021, CKEY=ae2a, BKEY=a2, CID=B-A-6.3E, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=19.09.2021]