|Module name (EN): Climate-Adapted Design|
|Degree programme: Architecture, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2013|
|Module code: B-A-1.6|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 5PA (5 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 6|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
B-A-1.6 (P120-0077) Architecture, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2013, semester 5, mandatory course
75 class hours (= 56.25 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 180 hours (equivalent to 6 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 123.75 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Göran Pohl
Prof. Dr. Ulrike Fischer
Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Jens Metz
Prof. Göran Pohl
This module teaches integrated design with a focus on climate-efficient planning and construction.
Teaching takes place in the form of practical planning tasks. Interdisciplinary interrelationships of climate-friendly planning and the implementation of energy-efficient building technology and facades will be discussed and practiced.
By encouraging group work, social skills woll be developed and supported. The teaching method helps students develop their methodological competence by encouraging them to work on and solve planning tasks independently.
The steps involved in structural engineering planning will be taught and practiced in an integrative fashion. Our focus will be on the entire design process, starting with urban planning analyses and the development of design variants, through detailed planning to the complex presentation and personal presentation of the final building design.
This module comprises the following:
· Independent development of the basic knowledge required for solving the given planning task after a previous introductory lecture where students will acquire the methodical skills and competence for working independently.
· Designing a multi-storey building with medium level of difficulty.
· Cross-disciplinary design project.
· Integrating urban development planning and open space design, integrating climate-efficient building technology and the use of daylight.
· Integrating climate-efficient facade construction.
· Representing designs in plans and models.
· Raising awareness for the opportunities and social relevance of climate-friendly construction.
Independent development of individual design foci, supplementary analytical or theoretical work. Design work with supervision. _Presentations and discussions about results.
|Recommended or required reading:
Various trade journals (AIT, Intelligente Architecture u.a.); various technical books (detailed atlases); in particular:
· Kister, Johannes u.a. (Hg.): Neufert. Bauentwurfslehre
· Pistohl, Wolfram: Handbuch der Gebäudetechnik 2.
· Heisel Joachim: Planungsatlas. Praxishandbuch Bauentwurf
· Jocher Thomas u.a.: Raumpilot
[Mon Aug 15 11:11:53 CEST 2022, CKEY=akea, BKEY=a2, CID=B-A-1.6, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=15.08.2022]