|Module name (EN): Personnel and Organization|
|Degree programme: Business Administration, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020|
|Module code: BBWL-2020-210|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam (90 min. / Can be repeated semesterly)
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
BBWL-210 Business Administration, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2012, semester 2, mandatory course
BBWL-210 Business Administration, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2016, semester 2, mandatory course
BBWL-2020-210 Business Administration, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020, semester 2, mandatory course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
BBWL-2020-654 Specialization (SP) Module 4: Digital HR and Other Current Topics in Human Resources Management
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Appel
|Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Appel
After successfully completing this module, students will be able to:
• identify critical success factors for effective and professional human resource management.
• select different management and organizational models to achieve defined, different business objectives and justify them, weighing up the advantages and disadvantages.
• evaluate specific selection and development methods for personnel in complex organizations with regard to their effectiveness and appropriateness.
• develop and present solutions for operational issues and challenges in the context of human resource management and defend them in discussions.
• demonstrate personal and social skills by independently presenting and communicating complex subject-specific content.
• Principles of human resource management
• Professional personnel selection and development methods
• Leadership theories and instruments
• Basic concepts of labor law
• Basics of compensation management
• Organizational theory
• Team development and psychosocial dynamics in groups and organizations
Lecture plus a tutorial / discussions / case studies
|Recommended or required reading:
- Christian Scholz: Personalmanagement, Vahlen, München – latest edition
- Klaus Olfert; Pitter A. Steinbuch: Personalwirtschaft, Kiehl, Ludwigshafen –
- Bröckermann, Reiner: Personalwirtschaft, Schäffer-Poeschel, Stuttgart –
- Scholz, Christian: Strategische Organisation, latest edition
- Stock-Homburg, Ruth: Personalmanagement, Springer Gabler
[Thu Dec 2 02:20:39 CET 2021, CKEY=bgpuo, BKEY=bbw3, CID=BBWL-2020-210, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=02.12.2021]