|Module name (EN): Law - Basic Course|
|Degree programme: Business Administration, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020|
|Module code: BBWL-2020-230|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam (90 min. / Can be repeated semesterly)
BBWL-2020-230 Business Administration, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020, semester 2, mandatory course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Holger Buck
Prof. Dr. Holger Buck
Dozenten des Studiengangs
After successfully completing this module, students will:
- be familiar with the most important principles of German civil law for business economists
- understand the function and mechanisms of civil law and have improved their knowledge about the law of legal transactions
- be able to apply legal texts independently, interpret each regulation and relate them to one another
- be capable of understanding the relevance of regulations for business practice
- be able to develop proposals for solutions to specific cases relating to legal transactions and obligations by classifying the problem, subsuming the facts under the characteristics of the relevant regulations and deriving the result therefrom
- be able to review the results based on general legal value judgements
- Legal system, jurisdiction structure
- Legal entities of private law (people, consumers, entrepreneurs, businessmen)
- Theory of legal transactions (declaration of intent, general legal transactions, contracts, abstraction principle)
- Inclusion and main features of the content control of GTCs
- Flaws in legal transactions (nullity due to form or content, contestability)
- Statutory limitation
- Introduction to law of obligations
- Performance modalities and types of fulfilment
- Rescission and revocation rights for consumers
- Overview of defective performance and damages
- Default in payment
- Participation of third parties in the contractual relationship
- Lecture based on introductory cases with integrated exercises for solving civil law cases
- Board and slides
- Learning material from the Internet (charts, diagrams, practice cases)
|Recommended or required reading:
- Führich, E. Wirtschaftsprivatrecht. München: Vahlen, latest edition
- Führich, E. & Werdan, I. Wirtschaftsprivatrecht in Fällen und Fragen.
München: Vahlen, latest edition
- Hirsch, C. Der Allgemeine Teil des BGB. Baden-Baden: Nomos, latest edition.
- Hirsch, C. Allgemeines Schuldrecht. Baden-Baden: Nomos, latest edition.
- Wörlen, R. & Metzler-Müller, K. BGB AT. München: Vahlen, latest edition
- Wörlen, R. & Metzler-Müller, K. (2011). Schuldrecht AT. München: Vahlen,
[Sat Jan 23 21:36:02 CET 2021, CKEY=bgrb230, BKEY=bbw3, CID=BBWL-2020-230, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=23.01.2021]