|Module name (EN): Specialization (SP) Module 4: Digital HR and Other Current Topics in Human Resources Management|
|Degree programme: Business Administration, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020|
|Module code: BBWL-2020-654|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
Written composition, presentation, exercises (Can be repeated semesterly)
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
BBWL-554 Business Administration, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2012, optional course
BBWL-554/654 Business Administration, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2016, optional course
BBWL-2020-654 Business Administration, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020, semester 6, optional course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
BBWL-2020-210 Personnel and Organization
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Appel
|Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Appel
After successfully completing this module, students will:
- be able to independently determine the effects of simple formal regulations on personnel processes, derive the resulting change requirements for IT systems and map them in a concept;
- be able to explain the content, challenges and practical implications of selected current HR topics.
Students will also be able to:
- communicate the need for change in HR IT systems to employees, HR experts, managers and employee representatives in a targeted manner;
- take and defend a position in technical discussions with HR specialists on simple to moderately complex HR topics;
In terms of methodology, they will be able to:
- map simple and relatively complex human resources information in an SAP HR system according to specifications.
- Overview of the structure and function of an HR IT system, including Manager and Employee Self Services.
- Further HR-IT knowledge: Creation and management of employee master data records and administration of central HR processes in an HR IT system.
- Current topics in human resources.
Lecture, exercises, computer simulation, and seminar-style instruction with participant presentations and discussions.
|Recommended or required reading:
Cuello, Nathalie / Gilberg, Peter / Junold, Anja / Möller, Sven-Olaf: Praxishandbuch SAP-Personalwirtschaft, SAP PRESS - latest edition;
Appel, Wolfgang/Wahler, Michael (Hrsg.): Die digitale HR-Organisation, Köln 2018
[Thu Dec 2 02:20:12 CET 2021, CKEY=bpue, BKEY=bbw3, CID=BBWL-2020-654, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=02.12.2021]