|Module name (EN): Corporate Management|
|Degree programme: Business Administration, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020|
|Module code: BBWL-2020-440|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam (90 min. / Can be repeated semesterly)
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
BBWL-440 Business Administration, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2012, semester 4, mandatory course
BBWL-440 Business Administration, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2016, semester 4, mandatory course
BBWL-2020-440 Business Administration, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020, semester 4, mandatory course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Malte Beinhauer
|Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Malte Beinhauer
In this module, corporate management is understood as the direct and indirect influence of behavior on the realization of goals derived from the superior goals of an organization, a company and the expectations of its stakeholders. After successfully completing this module, students should be able to make business decisions based on analyses and structured alternative derivation, be able to implement them successfully within the company and control their success.
After taking part in the _Corporate Management_ module, students will be able to,
- identify and evaluate potential and challenges regarding the management of companies,
- understand and systematize the complexity of strategic management of companies,
- analyze and assess the relevant framework conditions of company management,
- explain management theories and apply them to practical business examples,
- characterize and analyze corporate strategies at different levels,
- identify different options with regard to the structures of companies,
- make decisions in uncertain situations in a structured and confident manner,
- solve leadership problems practically.
- Dynamics of global competition
- Basic concepts and theoretical framework of corporate management
- Normative corporate management
- Business environment analysis
- Market-oriented corporate management
- Resource-oriented corporate management
- Value-oriented corporate management
- Change management
- Planning and control
- Organization and personnel management
- Process management and project management
- Information and knowledge management
Lecture, cases studies and discussions
|Recommended or required reading:
- Dillerup, Stoi: Unternehmensführung, 2. Aufl. 2010
- Macharzina, Wolf: Unternehmensführung, 7. Aufl. 2010
- Schreyögg: Organisation: Grundlagen moderner Organisationsgestaltung, 5.
- Stähle: Management: Eine verhaltenswissenschaftliche Perspektive, 9. Auflage
- Welge, Al-Laham: Strategisches Management. Grundlagen - Prozess _
Implementierung, 6. Aufl., 2012.
[Wed Dec 1 19:38:16 CET 2021, CKEY=bua, BKEY=bbw3, CID=BBWL-2020-440, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=01.12.2021]