|Module name (EN): History of Construction|
|Degree programme: Civil and structural engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2011|
|Module code: BIBA673|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 2VU (2 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 2|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
Project and presentation
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
BIBA673 (P110-0148) Civil and structural engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.04.2009, semester 6, optional course
BIBA673 (P110-0148) Civil and structural engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2011, semester 7, optional course
BIBA673 (P110-0148) Civil and structural engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017, semester 6, optional course
30 class hours (= 22.5 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 60 hours (equivalent to 2 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 37.5 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gudrun Djouahra
Dipl.-Ing. Axel Böcker
- Construction history overview over the millennia
- After successfully completing this course, students will be able to recognize the historical, cultural, economic, political and social contexts that have found their expression in building.
- Buildings of the Egyptians, the Greeks, the Romans and the Carolingians;
- The architectural styles Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Classicism and Historicism;
- Industrial architecture, modernism (20th century) and contemporary buildings.
|Recommended or required reading:
A current bibliography will be made available at the beginning of the semester.
[Thu Aug 18 10:25:33 CEST 2022, CKEY=bbm, BKEY=bi2, CID=BIBA673, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=18.08.2022]