|Module name (EN): History of Construction|
|Degree programme: Civil and structural engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017|
|Module code: BIBA673|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 2VU (2 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 2|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
Project and presentation
BIBA673 Civil and structural engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.04.2009, semester 6, optional course
BIBA673 Civil and structural engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2011, semester 7, optional course
BIBA673 Civil and structural engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017, semester 7, optional course
30 class hours (= 22.5 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 60 hours (equivalent to 2 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 37.5 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gudrun Djouahra
Dipl.-Ing. Axel Böcker
- Construction history overview over the millennia
- After successfully completing this course, students will be able to recognize the historical, cultural, economic, political and social contexts that have found their expression in building.
- Buildings of the Egyptians, the Greeks, the Romans and the Carolingians;
- The architectural styles Romanesque; Gothic ;Renaissance; Baroque; Classicism and Historicism;
- Industrial architecture, modernism (20th century) and contemporary buildings.
|Recommended or required reading:
A current bibliography will be made available at the beginning of the semester.
[Mon Aug 10 10:51:11 CEST 2020, CKEY=bbm, BKEY=bi3, CID=BIBA673, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=10.08.2020]