|Module name (EN): Business Economics|
|Degree programme: Automotive Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2011|
|Module code: FT23|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 4|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam 90 min.
FT23 Automotive Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2011, semester 5, mandatory course
FT23 Automotive Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2015, semester 5, mandatory course
FT23 Automotive Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.04.2016, semester 5, mandatory course
FT23 Automotive Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2019, semester 5, mandatory course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 120 hours (equivalent to 4 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 75 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
FT01 Engineering Mathematics I
FT05 Engineering Mathematics II
FT14 Fundamental Principles of Automotive Engineering
FT15 Engineering Mathematics III
FT18 Numerical Mathematics and Numerical Simulation
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Jörg Hoffmann
Diplom Betriebswirt (FH) Christian Antony
After successfully completing this module, students will:
be able to explain the basic concepts of business economics, have an overview of the sub-areas of this discipline and will be able to present and evaluate operational processes.
- have a basic understanding of business management, strategic and operational planning, business organization
- be familiar with the basic principles of the above mentioned areas
- be able to apply the principles and instruments from the various sub-areas to simple business cases
- be able to make initial conclusions about simple entrepreneurial questions by applying the principles and instruments introduced in the course.
1. Tasks of the economy
2. Legal forms for businesses
3. Financing a company
4. Corporate controlling with cost and performance accounting
5. Budgeting of costs and revenues in projects
6. Founding a company
7. Business economics in the automotive sector
9. Current economic topics from the daily press
Lecture with exercises, short student presentations, a business simulation game, exercises
Selected topics will be explored in greater depth within the framework of a corporate project.
|Recommended or required reading:
- Jürgen Müller - Betriebswirtschaftslehre der Unternehmung
- Andreas Daum, Wolfgang Greife, Rainer Przywara - BWL für Ingenieure und Ingenieurinnen
- Wolfgang Vry - Materialwirtschaft im Industriebetrieb
[Tue Sep 28 05:32:31 CEST 2021, CKEY=fb, BKEY=fz, CID=FT23, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=28.09.2021]