|Module name (EN): Tire Technology|
|Degree programme: Automotive Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2019|
|Module code: FT70|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 2V (2 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 2|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
FT70 Automotive Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2019, semester 6, optional course, technical
30 class hours (= 22.5 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 60 hours (equivalent to 2 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 37.5 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Hans-Werner Groh
After successfully completing this module, students will be able to describe the evolution of the tire, how pneumatic tires work, the requirements of tires, and the basic principles of tire construction.
They will be able to explain the basic mathematical-physical principles of tire properties.
They will be able to describe the design parameters and material properties of modern radial tires and their manufacturing process.
Students will be able to describe the driving, comfort and rolling resistance characteristics of tires in relation to the road and the vehicle, and identify measures to optimize these with regard to the conflicting objectives.
They will be able to explain the most important tire tests in the tire and vehicle industry.
• History and evolution of tires
• Tire applications and tire selection
• Requirements for tires, load capacity, safety factors, geometry, standardization
• Tire vibration, comfort, tire-road noise
• Rolling resistance, tire uniformity, tire labeling
• Static and dynamic friction, forces, power transmission, tire characteristics, mileage
• Simulating tire characteristics, adhesion detection/control
• Tire construction, compound properties, tire testing, tire manufacturing
|Recommended or required reading:
[Wed Dec 8 01:57:06 CET 2021, CKEY=fra, BKEY=fz4, CID=FT70, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=08.12.2021]