|Module name (EN): Cost Accounting|
|Degree programme: International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017|
|Module code: BIBW-310|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4VU (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam (90 minutes / can be repeated semesterly)
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
BIBW-310 (P420-0203) International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2013, semester 3, mandatory course
BIBW-310 (P420-0203) International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017, semester 3, mandatory course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
BIBW-431 Management Accounting und International Financial Reporting (focus module)
BIBW-433 International Accounting Seminar (focus module)
Prof. Dr. Michael Zell
Prof. Dr. Michael Zell
After successfully completing this module, students will:
- be able to explain the basic concepts of accounting and distinguish cost accounting from financial accounting,
- be able to follow and describe the basic process flow of cost accounting,
as well as illustrate the connections between each process step
of the costs,
- be able to understand and have mastered detailed aspects of determining cost elements, the
allocation of costs to cost centers and individual
costing and profitability analysis procedures,
- be able to apply their knowledge to practical questions,
e. g. in the form of exercises and case studies,
- be familiar with the English cost accounting terms
and can understand the differences to Anglo-American management accounting
- Principles and basic concepts of accounting
- Principles of cost accounting
- Cost element accounting
- Cost center accounting
- Cost object accounting _ calculation
- Cost object accounting - profit and loss accounting
Lecture with exercises and case studies
|Recommended or required reading:
- Coenenberg, A.G.: Kostenrechnung und Kostenanalyse, latest edition.
- Däumler, K.-D., Grabe, J.: Kostenrechnung 1, latest edition.
- Zell, M..: Kosten- und Performance Management, latest edition.
- Horngren, C.T., Foster, G., Dater, S.M.: Cost Accounting _ A Managerial
Emphasis, latest edition.
- Weygandt, J.J., Kimmel, P.D., Kieso, D.E.: Managerial Accounting, latest
- Mowen, M.M., Hansen, D.R., Heitger, D.L.: Managerial Accounting, latest
[Sat Jul 2 22:20:43 CEST 2022, CKEY=ika, BKEY=ibw3, CID=BIBW-310, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=02.07.2022]