|Module name (EN): International Marketing Seminar (focus module)|
|Degree programme: International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017|
|Module code: BIBW-443|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4S (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
Term paper with presentation (can be repeated annually)
BIBW-443 International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2013, semester 4, optional course
BIBW-443 International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017, semester 4, optional course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
BIBW-240 Marketing and Market Research
BIBW-250 Soft Skills and Office Management
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Tatjana König
Prof. Dr. Tatjana König
After successfully completing this module, students will:
- be able to independently understand and analyze specialist literature on a selected topic,
- be able to assess the value of different sources (online, in books or journals),
- be capable of summarizing a problem from the field of international marketing
in the form of a well-structured term paper,
discuss the problem critically and create suggestions for its solution,
- be able to demonstrate their knowledge in the form of a presentation or lecture,
- be able to conduct a discussion of the results they presented
in English and deal constructively with critical comments and
suggestions for improvement,
- be able to realistically estimate the time required for literature research and evaluation,
as well as how long they will need to actually write their term paper and gear their time and self-management to it.
- Introduction to working scientifically and writing a
- Independent elaboration and presentation of a selected
topic within the broader scope of international marketing.
- Application of scientific work techniques, in particular literature research
and citation (for German and English-speaking sources)
- Formal requirements for creating and giving a presentation
- Professional and systematic advice on preparing the term paper
(Structure, additional literature resp. practical examples)
- Presentation of the resp. topic followed by group discussion
|Recommended or required reading:
Depends on the topic.
Literature on scientific work
-Ebster, C./Stalzer, L.: Wissenschaftliches Arbeiten für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissen-schaftler. Wien, latest edition.
-Theisen, Manuel R.: Wissenschaftliches Arbeiten. Technik, Methodik, Form. München, latest edition.
[Sat Jul 31 11:07:12 CEST 2021, CKEY=isim, BKEY=ibw3, CID=BIBW-443, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=31.07.2021]