|Module name (EN): Competition and Corporate Strategy|
|Degree programme: International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020|
|Module code: IBB-610|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4VF (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
IBB-610 International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020, semester 6, optional course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
IBB-240 Marketing and Market Research
IBB-360 Strategic Management
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Markus Münter
Prof. Dr. Markus Münter
After successfully completing this module, students will have a sound overview of the fundamentals of competitive analysis and can analyze corporate strategy in a differentiated way and apply theoretical and empirical models, in particular to:
• explain and analyze industries, markets and competitive dynamics from a management-perspective,
• describe and evaluate empirical findings and theoretical models of competitive advantage,
• apply tools for analysis and decision making in corporate strategy,
• understand and evaluate the impact of technology and digitalization on competition and corporate strategy,
• analyze corporate strategies of different firms within one industry qualitatively and quantitatively,
• develop a case study and apply a comprehensive framework to a specific industry from a management consulting
• Strategy and competition
• Case studies in corporate strategy
• Industry and competitive analysis
• Analyzing resources and capabilities
• Competitive advantage
• Industry evolution and strategic change
• Technology-based industries and management of innovation
• Implementing corporate strategy
• Business case building
Lectures, exercises, case studies.
|Recommended or required reading:
• Grant, R.M., Contemporary strategy analysis: text and cases, New York 2018.
• Münter, M.T., Mikroökonomie, Wettbewerb und strategisches Verhalten, München, 2018.
• Johnson, G., Whittington, R., Regnér, P., Scholes, K. and Angwin, D., Exploring Strategy, London 2017.
[Mon Nov 30 23:56:10 CET 2020, CKEY=icacs, BKEY=ibw4, CID=IBB-610, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=30.11.2020]