|Module name (EN): Sustainable Logistics Management|
|Degree programme: International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020|
|Module code: IBB-452|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4VF (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam (90 min)
IBB-452 International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020, semester 4, optional course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
IBB-150 Operations Management
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Wilhelm Hauser
Prof. Wilhelm Hauser
After successfully completing this module, students will be familiar with the specifics of the different modes of transport, especially with regard to environmental sustainability. In addition, they will be familiar with the economic and legal framework of the logistics industry in the most important countries of the European Union (especially Germany and France) and worldwide.
After passing the examination, students will be able to choose the most favorable transport modes for a company, both nationally and internationally, on the basis of economic and ecological aspects.
- The logistics industry in Germany, France, the European Union and worldwide
- Functions in logistics
- Changing framework conditions in logistics, especially with regard to ecological sustainability
- The role of the state in logistics, also in terms of environmental sustainability
- Centralization vs. decentralization of logistics functions
- Selecting suitable means of transport under consideration of economic and ecological aspects (trucks, trains,
planes, ships, combined transport)
- The special features as well as the advantages and disadvantages of the individual modes of transport:
- Logistics as a marketing instrument
Lecture with case studies
|Recommended or required reading:
[Tue Dec 1 00:19:17 CET 2020, CKEY=iilia, BKEY=ibw4, CID=IBB-452, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=01.12.2020]