|Module name (EN): International Market Research|
|Degree programme: International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020|
|Module code: IBB-441|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4VF (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
IBB-441 International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020, semester 4, optional course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Tatjana König
Prof. Dr. Tatjana König
After completing this module, students will:
- have expanded their methodological and analytical skills,
- be able to differentiate between categories of information and methods,
- be able to assess the suitability of methods and sources for the questions and requirements of various company
- be able to design a basic questionnaire and list challenges for cross-country surveys,
- be capable of applying the steps and challenges within the market research process to a practical project,
- have developed skills to formulate preliminary hypotheses, evaluate and analyze data and resent and critically
discuss market research results,
- know how to handle data confidentially and understand the ethical principles of market research,
- have further developed their social skills such as communication, compromise, and tolerance.
- have further developed their individual competencies towards a higher level of resilience, responsibility, and self-reflection.
- Research designs (exploratory vs. conclusive, descriptive vs. causal, etc.),
- Methods/data (primary vs. secondary, qualitative vs. quantitative, experiment vs. survey, national vs. cross-national)
- Desk research (sources, quality criteria, application),
- Questionnaire design (scale types, scale levels, hypotheses, etc.),
- Market research project (data gathering, data coding and decoding, quality checks, data analysis in SPSS (frequencies,
means, t-test, ANOVA (single factor)), and presentation of results),
- Challenges of transnational market research (country-specific,
response behavior, comparability of questions, scales, etc.),
- Presentation, as well as critical discussions.
In addition, have further developed their social skills such as communication, compromise, and tolerance, as well as their individual competencies towards a higher level of resilience, responsibility, and self-reflection.
Interactive lecture with case studies, applications and market research project
|Recommended or required reading:
- Bauer, E. (latest edition), Internationale Marketingforschung: Informationsgewinnung für das internationale Marketing, München
- Berekoven, L., Eckert, W., Ellenrieder, P. (aktuellste Auflage), Marktforschung - Methodische Grundlagen und praktische Anwendung, Wiesbaden.
- Berndt, R., Fantapie Altobelli, C., Sander, M. (aktuellste Auflage), Internationales Marketing-Management, 4. Auflage, Heidelberg u.a.
- Malhotra, N.K., Nuan, D., Birks, D.F. (latest ed.): Marketing Research - An Applied Approach, Person
[Tue Nov 30 13:17:06 CET 2021, CKEY=iimg, BKEY=ibw4, CID=IBB-441, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=30.11.2021]