|Module name (EN): Cost Accounting|
|Degree programme: International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020|
|Module code: IBB-130|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4VU (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam (90 minutes / can be repeated semesterly)
IBB-130 International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020, semester 1, mandatory course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
IBB-433 Seminar Contemporary Issues in Financial Management
Prof. Dr. Michael Zell
|Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Michael Zell
After successfully completing this module, students will:
- be able to explain the basic concepts of accounting and to distinguish cost accounting from financial accounting,
- be able to describe the basic process flow of cost accounting, as well as illustrate the connections between
each process step of the costs,
- be able to understand and master detailed aspects of determining cost elements, the allocation of costs to cost centers
and individual costing and profitability analysis procedures,
- be able to apply their knowledge to practical questions, e. g. in the form of exercises and case studies,
- be familiar with the English cost accounting terms and able to understand the differences to Anglo-American management
- Principles of cost accounting
- Cost element accounting
- Cost center accounting
- Cost object accounting - calculation
- Cost object accounting - profit and loss accounting
Lecture with exercises and case studies
|Recommended or required reading:
- Horngren, C.T., Foster, G., Datar, S.M.: Cost Accounting - A Managerial
Emphasis, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River (NJ), latest edition.
- Taschner, A., Charifzadeh, M.: Management and Cost Accounting, Wiley, Weinheim, latest edition.
- Coenenberg, A.G.: Kostenrechnung und Kostenanalyse, Schäffer Poeschel, Stuttgart, latest edition.
- Däumler, K.-D., Grabe, J.: Kostenrechnung 1, nbw Verlag, Herne, latest edition.
- Zell, M.: Kosten- und Performance Management, Gabler, Wiesbaden, latest edition.
[Sun Jul 5 16:23:50 CEST 2020, CKEY=ikg, BKEY=ibw4, CID=IBB-130, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=05.07.2020]