|Module name (EN): Seminar Contemporary Issues in Financial Management|
|Degree programme: International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020|
|Module code: IBB-433|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4S (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
Academic paper with presentation (can be repeated annually)
IBB-433 International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020, semester 4, optional course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
IBB-130 Cost Accounting
IBB-210 Financal Analysis
IBB-320 Investment and Finance
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Mana Mojadadr
Prof. Dr. Mana Mojadadr
After successfully completing this module, students will have acquired knowledge about the basic criteria of scientific work and will be able to:
- formulate a research problem or question,
- use different academic sources to find references,
- evaluate results based on different sources,
- write a scientific paper about the research question,
- present their theses in a presentation.
They have improved their
- communication skills, respect for others, compromise and tolerance
- self-reflection and self-discipline.
In case of real business cases with companies, the students of this course will be able to analyze and estimate status and development of organizations holistically among the defined tasks.
1 Principles of scientific work
2 Fundamentals of composing a term paper
3 Definition of a topic in financial management
4 Independent scientific elaboration using scientific work techniques, in particular, literature research and citation
5 Presentation and discussion of and about a selected topic from the field of international accounting
6 Case studies and project team work
- Professional and systematic advice on how to do research, to approach complex problem solving cases, write an academic paper and present research results
- Real case(s) (studies) (project based team work and cooperation with companies)
- Exercises, research and analysis work prepared by sub-teams
|Recommended or required reading:
Current business and company information (depends on current project or case studies)
Most recent case studies and statistics
Most recent relevant papers
• Academic literature depending on the topic
• Ebster, C./Stalzer, L.: Wissenschaftliches Arbeiten für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftler. Wien, latest edition.
• Theisen, Manuel R.: Wissenschaftliches Arbeiten. Technik, Methodik, Form. München, latest edition.
[Tue Sep 28 18:32:48 CEST 2021, CKEY=isiaa, BKEY=ibw4, CID=IBB-433, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=28.09.2021]