|Module name (EN): Strategic Management|
|Degree programme: International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020|
|Module code: IBB-360|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4VF (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam (90 minutes)
IBB-360 International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2020, semester 3, mandatory course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
IBB-610 Competition and Corporate Strategy
Prof. Dr. Malte Beinhauer
Prof. Dr. Malte Beinhauer
In this module, strategic management is understood as the direct and indirect influence of behavior on the realization of goals derived from the superior goals of an organization, a company and the expectations of its stakeholders. After successfully completing this module, students should be able to make business decisions on the basis of corporate and environmental analyses and structured alternative derivation, to implement them successfully in the company and to control success.
After taking part in the Strategic Management module, students will be able to,
- identify and evaluate potentials and challenges with regard to the development of corporate strategies,
- understand and systematize the complexity of strategic management of companies,
- analyze and assess the relevant framework conditions of company management,
- explain management theories and transfer them to practical business examples,
- characterize and analyze corporate strategies at different levels,
- make decisions in uncertain situations in a structured and confident manner,
- develop suggestions for change and the development of a company´s strategy.
- Dynamics of global competition
- Basic concepts and theoretical framework of strategic management
- Normative corporate management
- Business environment analysis
- Market-oriented corporate management
- Resource-oriented corporate management
- Implementing strategies
Lecture, cases studies and discussions
Slides, videos, book, magazines and Internet research
|Recommended or required reading:
- Wheelen, Hunger: Strategic management and business policy, 15. Ed. 2017.
- Mintzberg: Managing, 2011
- Osterwalder, Pigneur: Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers, 2010
- Bland, Osterwalder: Testing Business Ideas, 2019
- Kim, Mauborgne: Blue Ocean Shift: Beyond Competing - Proven Steps to Inspire Confidence and Seize New Growth, 2017.
- Johnson, Whittington, et al.: Exploring Strategy: Text and Cases, 11. ed. 2017.
- Welge, Al-Laham: Strategic Management. Basics - Process - Implementation, 6. Aufl. 2012.
- Grant, R.M., Contemporary strategy analysis: text and cases, New York 2018.
- Johnson, G., Whittington, R., Regnér, P., Scholes, K. and Angwin, D., Exploring Strategy, London 2017.
[Fri Aug 6 06:01:49 CEST 2021, CKEY=isma, BKEY=ibw4, CID=IBB-360, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=06.08.2021]