|Module name (EN): Communication|
|Degree programme: International Management, Master, ASPO 01.10.2016|
|Module code: MAIM-252|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 6|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Term paper with presentation (can be repeated annually)
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
MAIM-252 International Management, Master, ASPO 01.10.2016, semester 2, mandatory course
MAIM-252 International Management, Master, ASPO 01.10.2020, semester 2, mandatory course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 180 hours (equivalent to 6 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 135 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Malte Beinhauer
After successfully completing the course the student should be able to,
• name and describe the criteria for convincing interpersonal communication
• present the characteristic features of persuasive conversational skills both at work and in everyday life
• successfully apply communication techniques when dealing with colleagues and business partners
• manage difficult conversation scenarios with empathetic behavior and conflict-free social interaction
• explain the determinants of positive personal development (social intelligence, emotional intelligence)
and use them in their personal life-long learning process by way of study, experience and application.
• evaluate practical peer exercises in the field of communication.
• Create own training situations and course outlines for introduced interpersonal communication scenarios
- Decision making
- Conversation theory
- Interviews, employee appraisals, sales conversations
- Argumentation patterns, discussion
- Escalating (conflict-promoting) and de-escalating (conflict-avoiding) negotiation
- Moderation, moderation techniques.
Interactive course with a large amount of student participation, partner and group work, use of video and camera technology.
|Recommended or required reading:
- Eunson, B.: C21 Communicationg in the 21st century, newest edition, Wiley
- Hackenberg, W.; Leminsky, C.; Schulz-Wofgramm, Eibo: Key Message delivered - Business Presentations with structure
- Rosenberg, M.; Chopra, D.: Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, Life-Changing Tools for Healthy
Relationships, newest edition, Puddle dancer Press.
- Schultz von Thun, F., Miteinander reden 1-3, newest edition, Reinbeck
- Watzlawick, P., Beavin, J.H., Jackson, D.D., Pragmatics of Human Communication: A Study of Interactional Patterns,
Pathologies and Paradoxes, newest edition, W.W. Norton & Company
- Hesse, J., Schrader, H. Ch., Bewerbungshandbuch, Eichborn Verlag, Frankfurt
- Alt, J. A.; Richtig argumentieren, newest edition, Beck-Verlag
- Thiele, A., Argumentieren unter Stress, newest edition, Frankfurter Allgemeine
- Weisbach, Ch. R., Professionelle Gesprächsführung, newest edition, Beck-Verlag
- Kellner, H., Konflikte verstehen, verhindern, lösen, Hanser, Munich, Vienna
[Wed Oct 20 18:03:31 CEST 2021, CKEY=ic, BKEY=imm3, CID=MAIM-252, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=20.10.2021]