|Module name (EN): Internationaler Management Workshop|
|Degree programme: International Management, Master, ASPO 01.10.2016|
|Module code: MAIM-321|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 6|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Term paper with presentation
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
MAIM-321 International Management, Master, ASPO 01.10.2012, semester 3, mandatory course
MAIM-321 International Management, Master, ASPO 01.10.2016, semester 3, mandatory course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 180 hours (equivalent to 6 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 135 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
MAIM-112 International Strategic Management
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
MAIM-431 Master-Thesis (Abschlussarbeit)
Prof. Dr. Stefanie Jensen
Prof. Dr. Stefanie Jensen
After successfully completing this module, students will...
- be able to develop and present practical problem solving strategies for a fictitious, yet realistic case,
- be able to discuss and implement strategic project management methods,
- be able to describe management tools such as PEST analyses, Balanced Scorecard and Management Cockpit and apply them to specific cases,
- be able to take the perspective of an internationally active manager and independently develop solutions for selected entrepreneurial subareas (e.g. in marketing / sales / branch management / international project manager activities / international consultant) with regard to given objectives,
- be able to work successfully and independently in a project group towards a given goal and deadline. This includes assigning work packages to the individual members of the group, the preparation and successful completion of the respective work packages and a final group presentation. This also includes resolving any conflicts that might arise within the group or escalating them to the lecturers, where necessary.
- be able to prepare a written composition in English, taking into account scientific principles, and give English presentations within a specified time frame.
"Going Global” business simulation with additional exercises, written assignments and presentations.
“Going Global” business simulation game, evaluation and discussion of results, group work, presentations, reflection paper.
Attendance is compulsory during the workshop.
|Recommended or required reading:
“Going Global” handbook
Additional literature as required
[Wed Oct 20 18:39:30 CEST 2021, CKEY=iimwa, BKEY=imm3, CID=MAIM-321, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=20.10.2021]