|Module name (EN): International Operations Management|
|Degree programme: International Management, Master, ASPO 01.10.2016|
|Module code: MAIM-245|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 6|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Written examination + term paper with presentation
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
MAIM-245 International Management, Master, ASPO 01.10.2016, semester 2, mandatory course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 180 hours (equivalent to 6 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 135 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Thomas Korne
Prof. Dr. Thomas Bousonville
Prof. Dr. Steffen H. Hütter
Prof. Dr. Thomas Korne
After successfully completing this module, students will be able to:
1a) explain what a supply chain is and which objectives supply chain management pursues
1b) describe approaches and advantages of organizational and information technological company cooperation
1c) describe the concepts of SCM in business and the consumer goods industry with its advantages and disadvantages
1d) apply qualitative and quantitative methods for planning international production and distribution networks in a target-oriented manner and modify them with relation to the context
2a) discuss the reasons for the increase in importance of "supply management" for a company’s success
2b) provide an overview of the methods of strategic procurement management, in particular
2c) carry out procurement market research
2d) carry out a supplier evaluation
2e) describe the applications of e-procurement
3a) analyze and evaluate sourcing strategies in case studies.
International Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Definition, significance and goals of supply chain management
- Bullwhip effect (beer game)
- Integration possibilities in a supply chain
- Supply chain management in trade
- Planning international production networks
- Structure of advanced planning systems
International Procurement and Supply Management
- Tasks of strategic supply management
- Material group analysis
- Procurement market analysis
- Supplier evaluation und supplier selection strategy
Lecture, instructive discourse, case studies, presentations
|Recommended or required reading:
- Large, R.: Strategisches Beschaffungsmanagement. Eine praxisorientierte Einführung mit Fallstudien. 3rd ed., Wiesbaden: Gabler 2006.
- Heß, G.: Supply-Strategien in Einkauf und Beschaffung. Wiesbaden: Gabler 2008.
- van Weele, A. J.: Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, 4th ed., London 2005.
- Chopra, S, Meindl, P. Supply Chain Management, 4th ed. Upper Saddle NJ: Pearson 2010.
- Simchi-Levi, D., Kaminsky, P., Simchi-Levi, E.: Designing and Managing the Supply Chain: Concepts, Strategies and Case Studies, 3rd ed., Boston 2008.
- Stadtler, H, Kilger, C.: Supply Chain Management and Advanced Planning, 4th ed. Berlin Heidelberg: Springer; 2008.
- Schieck, Arno: Internationale Logistik, Oldenbourg Verlag, Munich 2008.
[Wed Oct 20 17:29:46 CEST 2021, CKEY=iiomc, BKEY=imm3, CID=MAIM-245, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=20.10.2021]