|Module name (EN): Simulation of Discrete Systems with AnyLogic|
|Degree programme: Computer Science and Communication Systems, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017|
|Module code: KIB-SDSA|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 2V+2P (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
KI579 Computer Science and Communication Systems, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2014, semester 5, optional course, technical, course inactive since 30.09.2019
KIB-SDSA Computer Science and Communication Systems, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017, semester 5, optional course, technical, course inactive since 30.09.2019
PIBWI23 Applied Informatics, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2011, semester 5, optional course, informatics specific, course inactive since 30.09.2019
PIB-SDSA Applied Informatics, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017, semester 5, optional course, informatics specific, course inactive since 30.09.2019
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
KIB-INF1 Informatics 1
KIB-INF2 Informatics 2
KIB-MAT1 Mathematics 1
KIB-MAT2 Mathematics 2
KIB-PRG1 Programming 1
KIB-PRG2 Programming 2
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Barbara Grabowski
|Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Barbara Grabowski
1. After successfully completing this module, students will be able to model discrete systems and the behavior of such systems by means of an abstract description language. They will be capable of choosing the simulation methodology in an event-oriented, agent-based, meaningful way and of implementing it in the language.
2. Students will be able to model discrete systems and the behavior of such systems using the programming language ANYLOGIC in a suitable simulation methodology..
3. They will be able to draw up test designs for the investigating different simulation scenarios.
4. Students will be able to estimate which performance measures are suitable for the evaluation of the simulation studies (utilization, queue length, dwell times, etc.) and how to determine them.
5. They will be able to apply methods for the _safe_ evaluation and comparison of simulation results from different scenarios
6. Lastly, they will be able to find the best system configuration by studying the system
1.Systems, states and simulation models
a. Definitions - characterization of systems and their conditions
b. Classification of simulation models
c. Simulation methods: event-oriented, process-oriented, agent-based
Discrete and continuous dynamic simulation
d. Mathematical stochastic basics: Statistical measures and stochastic modelling
and evaluation methods in simulation
2. Techniques of discrete event-oriented simulation
a. Basics of event-oriented simulation technology
b. Programming a simple WS system
3.The simulation language AnyLogic und case studies - projects
a. Basics - Introduction in AnyLogic
b. Simulation of a warehouse
c. Simulation of a production process/service area in the bank
d. Projects: Traffic lights/traffic system/chairlift etc.
Students will have the opportunity to practice on the computer. This will take place in the PC lab AMSEL "Angewandte Mathematik, Statistik und eLearning" in Room 5306.
This practical part of the course amounts to 80% of the module.
Furthermore, all case studies must be solved using the computer (AMSEL laboratory R 5306).
The ANYLOGIC software will be available in the lab.
|Recommended or required reading:
1. Andrei Borshev: _The Big Book of Simulation Modeling: Multimethod Modeling with Anylogic 6,
ISBN: 978-0-9895731-7-7_, Anylogic North America, 2014.
2. Gizem Günes: _Agent Based Simulation an Example in Anylogic_,
download: http://www.academia.edu/8399514/AGENT_BASED_SIMULATION_AND_AN_EXAMPLE_IN_ANYLOGIC .
3.Ilya Grigoryev: Anylogic 7 in Three Days: A Quick Course in Simulation Modeling.
Anylogic North America, 2015.
[Sat Oct 1 01:11:31 CEST 2022, CKEY=ksdsma, BKEY=ki2, CID=KIB-SDSA, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=01.10.2022]