|Module name (EN): Understanding Research Methods and Procedures|
|Degree programme: Health Care, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2014|
|Module code: BAP3404|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 5S (5 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
BAP3404 Health Care, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2012, semester 4, mandatory course
BAP3404 Health Care, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2014, semester 4, mandatory course
75 class hours (= 56.25 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 93.75 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
BAP1101 Nursing and Caregiving as a Profession: Preparatory Orientation Course
BAP2102 Understanding Patient Needs
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
BAP3606 Nursing/Care Study Project
BAP8505 Practical Training Module V
Prof. Dr. Christine Dörge
Prof. Dr. Iris Burkholder
Dr. Sindy Lautenschläger
After successfully completing this module, students will:
- have acquired specialist and methodological competence in applied nursing research.
- be able to derive nursing science research questions from professional practice.
- be able to participate in the development of scientific research designs, the implementation of research projects and the presentation of research results.
1. Introduction to the philosophy of science
2. Quantitative research methods
3. Qualitative social research
Seminaristic instruction, group work, presentation
|Recommended or required reading:
The current module reading list is handed out by the lecturer.
[Tue Sep 28 05:28:17 CEST 2021, CKEY=pfuxv, BKEY=pf2, CID=BAP3404, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=28.09.2021]