|Module name (EN): International Consolidated Financial Reporting|
|Degree programme: Accounting and Finance, Master, ASPO 01.10.2012|
|Module code: MRPF-240|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 6|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam (120 minutes / can be repeated semesterly)
MRPF-240 Accounting and Finance, Master, ASPO 01.10.2012, semester 2, mandatory course
MARPF-140 Accounting and Finance, Master, ASPO 01.04.2016, semester 1, mandatory course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 180 hours (equivalent to 6 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 135 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Jochen Pilhofer
Prof. Dr. Jochen Pilhofer
After successfully completing this module, students will:
- have a comprehensive understanding of the main features of consolidated accounting and, as a result, in-depth knowledge of consolidated accounting in an international accounting environment;
- be able to independently prepare and analyze consolidated financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- be familiar with the most important consolidation techniques and methods and be able to apply them to practical problems;
- be able to fully assess the scope for design and discretion in terms of balance sheet policy with regard to the net assets, financial position and operating results;
- be able to explain the differences to the corresponding provisions of German accounting law (HGB standards and supplementary DRS standards);
- be able to apply their knowledge to practice-oriented questions, e.g. in the form of exercises and case studies.
I. Principles of consolidated accounting
a. Conceptual and legal foundations
b. Obligation to prepare consolidated financial statements
c. Differentiating the scope of consolidation
II. Deferred taxes
III. Preparatory measures prior to consolidation
IV. Full consolidation
a. Capital consolidation
b. Debt consolidation
c. Elimination of intercompany profit/loss
d. Expense and income consolidation
V. Equity method/proportional consolidation method
VI. (Other) components of a consolidated financial statement
Lecture and tutorial
|Recommended or required reading:
Küting/Weber: Der Konzernabschluss, Stuttgart, latest edition.
Baetge/Kirsch/Thiele: Konzernbilanzen, Düsseldorf, latest edition.
Gräfer/Scheld: Grundzüge der Konzernrechnungslegung, Berlin, latest edition.
Coenenberg et al.: Jahresabschluss- und Jahresabschlussanalyse, Stuttgart, latest edition.
Steiner/Orth/Schwarzmann: Konzernrechnungslegung nach HGB und IFRS, Stuttgart, latest edition.
Hommel/Wüstemann: Konzernbilanzierung case by case, Heidelberg. latest edition.
[Mon Jul 13 06:53:35 CEST 2020, CKEY=rik, BKEY=rpfm, CID=MRPF-240, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=13.07.2020]