|Module name (EN): Academic Communication|
|Degree programme: Supply Chain Management, Master, ASPO 01.04.2016|
|Module code: MASCM-510|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 6|
|Semester: according to optional course list|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam + term paper with presentation (90 minutes / Weighting 1:1 / Can be repeated semesterly)
MAMS-510 Marketing Science, Master, ASPO 01.04.2016, optional course
MARPF-510 Accounting and Finance, Master, ASPO 01.04.2016, optional course
MASCM-510 Supply Chain Management, Master, ASPO 01.04.2016, optional course
MASCM-510 Supply Chain Management, Master, ASPO 01.04.2017, optional course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 180 hours (equivalent to 6 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 135 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Thomas Tinnefeld
Dozenten des Studiengangs
- After successfully completing this course, students will have improved their use of academically relevant decoding strategies and reading techniques.
- Students will be capable of reading and understanding study-relevant scientific literature.
- They will be able to produce short written scientific texts in a foreign language.
- Students will be able to understand English-language lectures on study-related topics.
- They will have perfected their use of presentation and
- argumentative techniques.
- In addition, they will be able to present specific scientific topics orally, while taking their
audience into account.
- (Short) introduction to working scientifically
- Development of vocabulary-based reading comprehension techniques (e.g. word families and word fields)
- Intratextual information research
- Scientific text types
- Strategies for textual planning
- Scientific citation methods
- Exercises for listening comprehension with an academic background
- Development of academic presentation techniques (including the necessary notation techniques)
- Academic discussions
- Multimedia language lab work
- Professionally relevant role playing and simulations
- Use of free materials compiled by the lecturer (no textbooks)
- Listening comprehension texts (audio and/or video)
- Scientific texts (e.g. articles and excerpts from scientific monographs)
- Video material
- Internet resources
- Subject-related multimedia programs
- Supplementary materials on general and/or specialized vocabulary and grammar
|Recommended or required reading:
[Mon Jul 13 06:36:04 CEST 2020, CKEY=raca, BKEY=scm2, CID=MASCM-510, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=13.07.2020]