|Module name (EN): Foreign Language: French III|
|Degree programme: Industrial Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2007|
|Module code: WIBAS-340F|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 2U (2 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 2|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
WIBAS-340F (P450-0044) Industrial Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2007, semester 3, mandatory course
30 class hours (= 22.5 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 60 hours (equivalent to 2 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 37.5 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Thomas Tinnefeld
After successfully completing this module, students will have mastered the basic grammatical structures of the French language. They will be able to translate intermediate to difficult French business texts into German, both orally and in writing. They will be able to understand and analyze intermediate to difficult job-related French economic texts, as well as intermediate to difficult texts on French regional studies. They will be able to understand moderately difficult French texts on the general economic situation in France. They will have mastered moderately difficult oral French expressions and phrases in situations relevant to their profession and be able to carry out moderately difficult job-relevant conversations. They will be able to understand moderately difficult radio and television news.
1. Review of basic grammar structures:
• Verbs: Regular and irregular verbs (tenses, etc.) •
• Verb and verb compliments
• Number words
• Subjunctive mood
2. Using grammatical structures in exercises (written)
3. Version exercises (written and oral)
4. Content of moderately difficult texts on regional studies (questions et analyse)
5. L’ entreprise: lettre commerciale:
• offre promotionnelle
• demande de précisions sur le conditionnement d’une commande
• choix du mode de transport
• envoi d’un colis
• réclamations sur la livraison
6. French news broadcasts from radio and television
7. Economic and regional television reports
This module takes place in the language lab. Computer, TV, slides and the blackboard will be used in this module.
|Recommended or required reading:
• Germann: Grammaire française (with exercises).
• Intermediate to difficult texts about regions, economics from French newspapers (Le Figaro), as well as from didactic magazines (such as, „Revue de la presse“ and. „Ecoute“).
• Mitchell, Margaret: Pour parler affaires (with audio tapes and CD).
• Mitchell, Margaret: Pour parler affaires (workbook).
• Mots et contexte: Vokabeltraining (Klett).
• Training französische Grammatik, Sek 2 (Klett).
[Fri Aug 19 16:14:14 CEST 2022, CKEY=wi340F, BKEY=wi, CID=WIBAS-340F, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=19.08.2022]